Fact: Continuing a pregnancy and going through childbirth has 10 x higher health risks than having a first trimester abortion.
• Paul M & Stewart F (2007) Abortion. In: Hatcher RA et al. Contraceptive Technology, 19th revised edition. Ardent Media, Inc, New York, NY, p664
• Grimes DA (2006) Estimation of pregnancy-related mortality risk by pregnancy outcome, United States, 1991to 1999. Am J Obstet Gynecol,194, 92-94
• Danel I, Berg C, Johnson CH, Atrash H (2003) Magnitude of maternal morbidity during labor and delivery: United States, 1993-1997. Am J Public Health, 93, 631-634
• Hakim-Elahi E, Tovell HM, Burnhill MS (1990) Complications of first trimester abortion: a report of 170,000 cases. Obstet Gynecol, 76, 129-135
• Raymond EG, Grimes DA. The comparative safety of legal induced abortion and childbirth in the states. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Feb;119(2 Pt 1):215-9. PMID: 22270271